Benoy Kurien, the Group CEO of Al Hamra, among the 100 most influential construction leaders of 2022 in Construction Week's 13th annual Power 100 list
Behind Al Hamra’s successful expansion sits group CEO Benoy Kurien, the driving force behind the company’s recent success.
Being one of the top real estate developers in the UAE, Kurien oversees the operations and assets of the $1bn group, shaping Al Hamra’s strategies and building on its existing real estate portfolio.
In March 2022, Al Hamra launched a freehold luxury villa project called Falcon Island within the Al Hamra Village residential community. The island residential project has a development value of $272.3mn (AED1bn) and supports the developer’s future development plans for Al Hamra and Ras Al Khaimah.
With a number of projects in the hospitality and tourism sector, the year 2022 has so far been a great year for Al Hamra. In March 2022 the company unveiled its 5-year roadmap, investing $270mn in real estate to drive sustained growth through strategic developments.
The group’s 5-year campaign will be driven by a 3-pronged approach to position itself as the creator of premier lifestyle experiences, and quality products.
About Construction Week Middle East 2022 Power List
Construction Week Middle East unveiled its 13th annual Power 100 list in June 2022. It is considered as one of the most anticipated rankings of the year. The 2022 the Power 100 list was redesigned to focus more on independent stakeholder segments, which means each stakeholder is ranked against their peers in the industry.
The Power 100 List was divided into six categories:
- Top 30 Contractors
- Top 20 Developers
- Top 15 Consultants
- Top 15 Sub-Contractors
- Top 10 Designers & Architects
- Top 10 Lawyers
Each sub-list features the most influential individuals from that industry.
The ranking is based on the:
- overall value of the projects completed in the past 12 months,
- value of new projects secured in the past 12 months,
- successes and achievements during the same period, and
- initiatives implemented by the organization towards the well-being of its employees and the society.
The Power 100 ranking of 2022 was based on:
- publicly available information about the companies,
- responses to the questionnaire that Construction Week Middle East's editorial team shared with the companies and individuals from the above-mentioned industries around the MENA region, and
- the editorial team’s combined assessment of each company’s achievements in the past 12 months.
*This article has been originally published here.